Statement of Belief
The Jerome Public Library strives to offer excellent library services to all without discrimination. It is our belief that the library offers a multitude of resources in a variety of formats to our community, and it is in this that we can be considered the heartbeat of the community.
Jerome Public Library strives to enrich lives, inspire ideas, promote lifelong learning and celebrate community.
The library is an open book. Not only are the monthly board meetings open to the public, the minutes are available at the library upon request, and also online.
Interested in using library computers, getting a library card, or reserving a meeting room?
The Library was started by the Jerome Civic Memorial Club in 1909. At these early meetings the nucleus for a library was formed by each member donating a book. In 1918, a building was rented on the second block of East Main and the Jerome Civic Club Library was started. The Library was used as a rest and reading area for mothers and children waiting for the men to transact business for their farming needs. In 1921, lots were donated by the Twin Falls North Side Investment Company to build a new library. The lots cost the Club one dollar.
The Library was given to the City of Jerome in 1952, and the name was changed to Jerome Public Library. After a donation from Evelyn Crowder in 2005, the Library was remodeled expanding the library to 4,200 square feet.
Linda Mecham – Library Director
Vicki Leininger – Children’s Acquisitions
Aracely Domine – Circulation/Spanish Programs
Janet Garcia – Children’s Programs
Isabelle Gregory – Circulation
Emily Dimond – Circulation
Kristy Lara – Circulation
Donna O’Brien – Custodian
Here is where people,
One frequently finds,
Lower their voices,
and raise their minds.
– Richard Armour